The German made Quantor MiniChilly is an ideal solution for home brewers and winemakers, nano breweries and small wineries looking to chill up to 4 fermenters at once. The MiniChilly can be easily integrated with the cooling system of jacketed fermenters, storage tanks and brite tanks.
The idea of the MiniChilly is that for each fermenter you want to a chill a pump kit is added. A pump kit includes a submersible pump that is placed in the cold bath of the Mini Chilly along with a digital controller that is placed next to your fermenter. Vinyl tubing is included to make the connections. The digital controller includes a thermal probe that should be inserted into a thermal well in your vessel or can be taped to the outside of the vessel if you don't have a thermal well. The digital controller then measures the temperature of your tank and turns the submersible pump on or off to cool the liquid in your vessel to the desired set temperature. In this way each tank can be set at different temperatures.
- Cooling of fermentation and storage tanks
- Cold crashing for brite tanks
- Maintain lagering temperatures
- Cooling must and wine for clearing and cold stabilization
- Cooling rooms and storage halls with additional fan coils
Many chiller ratings are based on the theoretical power of the compressor which involved multiplying the compressor power by 3. The cooling capacity of the MiniChilly is rated at a realistic liquid temperature of 25F and an ambient temp of 90F. This is much more useful for predicting the MiniChilly’s performance in real world applications. Actual cooling capacities will vary based on the insulation of the tank. For the examples below we assume neoprene or better. Minichillys are overpowered compared to the competition.
Cooling Capacity Example:
Up to 11 1bbl (31 Gallon) or 110L tanks fermenting at 68°F in 80°F ambient temperature. For every fermenter you want to cold crash remove 4 fermenting fermenters from the capacity. Note there is only hooks ups for 4 fermenters.
In order to hook up the MiniChilly to your fermenter or tank's cooling system, you will need 4 lengths of tubing per pump. All tubing connections should be secured with hose clamps.
- Length 1: Submersible pump outlet to inner barb of 1st bulkhead
- Length 2: Outer barb of 1st bulkhead to cooling system inlet
- Length 3: Cooling system outlet to outer barb of 2nd bulkhead
- Length 4: Inner barb of 2nd bulkhead to MiniChilly reservoir (should drain freely, no connection necessary)
- Power: 110V-1Ph/50-60Hz
- Compressor Power: 2/3hp / 0.5 kw
- Cooling Capacity at 25F water temp and 90F ambient: .33KW/330 watts/.09 tons
- Stainless Steel case
- Water Temperature Range: 21°F - 86°F (-6°C - 30°C)
- Ambient Temperature Range: 50°F - 90°F (10°C - 32°C)
- Refrigerant R134a
- Free Glycol Water-Bath for Mini-Pumps
- Fittings 3/8" for Plastic Tubes of Individual Pumps
- Solid Wheels w/ Breaks for Easy Mobility
- Universal C19 Plug
- On/Off Switch
- Water-Level Sight-Tube
- Grooves for Individual Pump Cables
- Safety Inner Separation Water Side from Electric Side
- Tank Capacity: 7.13 gal. (27 L)
- Dimensions: 27.5"L x 14.5"W x 19.5"H
- Weight: 79.5 lbs
- Made in Germany